Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Fairy Puke

 This is what happens when, after not getting enough sleep for days, you decide to throw caution to the wind, turn on a movie, and try to take a nap while the young ones sit dormant in front of the beloved television. Only that last part doesn't happen...but this does. It's like a fairy puked all over my living room. There are tiny tiny TINY little gems all over, paper flowers, sewing needles, lots of thread, paint, colored craft wire, picture frames, photo albums, and lots and lots and lots of buttons that were previously organized by color. Among other things. What isn't pictured is over 200 blank CD's that we've been holding on to for years but never really use that were spread throughout the house.
 
 
 
I thought that the fact that the Princess's fairy wings happened to be placed strategically among the wreckage. Of course she had nothing to do with it - she claims very boldly that this was all the work of the Ninja. While, yes, he can open the closet door (a nightmare because he's only been walking for about a month) I don't think he knows how to unlatch the craft box.
 
Always the opportunistic mother that I am, however, after putting both kids in a nice long time out while I picked up the tiny gems and put the craft box back together (okay, the Ninja was in the high chair eating lunch, but the Princess was) I brought the Princess out of time out and informed her that she was going to help me sort the buttons into the correct sections. She was thrilled about this and only got distracted about 17 times. However, she did very well organizing the colored buttons into their places and was just so darn proud of herself when we were done that I had to tell her good job...even if my eye was still twitching from the mess. On the bright side, however, I had actually been needing to clean out that closet and reorganize my craft crap for a while (the vacuum doesn't fit in the closet anymore - there's a lot of stuff not pictured...) so at least I got that done. *sort-of smiley face*
 
Ah kids...never ever EVER a dull moment...eeeeevvvveeeeeeerrrrrrr...........
 
M.

No comments: